Benefits for the patient
According to ISMISS(1), minimaly invasive procedures, in comparison with conventional surgery, are of a great benefit to the patients.
- A smaller risk of post-operative complications (e.g. bleeding in the epidural space, infections, damage of spinal nerves, worsening of pain).
- A smaller surgical wound and minimal blood loss.
- Minimal formation of post-operative scars and fibrosis in the epidural space.
- An easier surgical resection is possible.
- Faster rehabilitation and return to work.
All procedures provided by EuroPainClinics® are according to evidence-based medicine (EBM) and are governed by international standards SIS (Spine Intervention Society).
We are of the opinion that:
- not every patient is suitable for this type of treatment
- not every patient will have the same pain-relieving effect
- minimally invasive is not always the better option in every patient
At EuroPainClinics®, we always perform a multidisciplinary examination to decide on the best treatment for each patient individually.
1) ISMISS International Society for Minimal Intervention in Spinal Surgery according to the “Guidelines for Endoscopic Spinal Surgery”, approved by the ISMISS committee 28.1.2010 / www.ismiss.com